Updated with new pictures and additional text (originally posted October 5, 2016).
This is one tasty side dish that's super easy to assemble. Boiling the potatoes prior to baking keeps the potatoes tender and fluffy inside and the roasting produces crispy delicious skin.
Smashing each potato gives more surface area for the wonderful crispiness to happen and it's fun to smash them. The garlic, rosemary, and thyme (a classic combination) makes it even better giving the potatoes a lovely aromatic, savoury flavour!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
CHECK OUT THE 30 SECOND VIDEO!
Colourful baby potatoes, garlic, olive oil, dried rosemary, dried thyme, salt, and pepper are all the ingredients! Amounts can be found in the "Ingredients" list below.
After boiling the potatoes, place on a lined baking sheet, and toss with garlic, herbs, and olive oil. Using a fork, gently push down each potato. Bake at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, until golden and crispy.
Garnish with parsley. Plate and enjoy!
Crispy Garlic Smashed Baby Potatoes
Active time: 10 min Total time: 50 min Servings: 2-4 as a side
- 1 lb (16 oz) baby potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Optional: parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Boil potatoes in salted water until the potatoes are softened and a fork can easily poke into a potato, about 10-15 minutes. Drain and pat the potatoes dry using a paper towel.
- Scatter the potatoes onto a baking sheet (cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup). Combine with garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and oil.
- Take a fork and carefully press down on each potato until the potato is flattened, but still holds together.
- Space the potatoes so they are not touching. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the potatoes are crispy and lightly golden in appearance. Garnish with parsley if you like. Serve immediately.