Get all the ingredients needed to add to the chicken.
In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients well together.
Make the Apple-Carrot Slaw (link). Then, toast buns, and assemble the sandwich with the chicken and slaw. Add spinach and cheddar cheese too, if desired. Enjoy!
Spiced Chicken with Apple-Carrot Slaw Sandwich
Active time: 25 min Total time: 2 hours 25 min Servings: 4
- 4 bread rolls, such as multigrain
For the chicken:
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) of rotisserie chicken, pulled apart and shredded
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
For the apple-carrot slaw:
- 1 gala apple, cored and julienned (cut into matchsticks)
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely diced
- 3 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp of sugar
- ½ tsp salt
Make your slaw. Full instructions to make the Apple Carrot Slaw.
In a large bowl, add the spicy chicken ingredients. Fold until the chicken is coated. Set aside, covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator, to let the chicken marinade for at least 30 minutes (an hour or two would be better). This will allow the meat to tenderize and for the flavours to marry together. .
Cut your bread rolls in half and lightly toast in the oven. This will help your burger stay together once you assemble the burger.
Put together the sandwich by taking a quarter of the spicy chicken and then top with the desired amount of slaw. Add baby spinach and cheddar cheese to your sandwich if you like.