It’s officially spring! The days are longer! More sunshine! Hurray!
The weather is hopefully going to get warmer too. I live in a place where people exclaim, “don’t like the weather, just wait 15 minutes!” It’s true. I have a mini crisis each year deciding when to take the winter tires off my car. We might get a snowstorm in May...it’s happened before.
With the extra sunshine we’ve been enjoying, I was inspired to make this colourful and healthy salad that is very easy to put together and full of delicious flavour! If you are still in the depths of winter coldness, put this together to remind you of the warmer weather that’s soon to come! If you live in warm weather year-round, I’m jealous.
This wonderful salad is filled with fresh, nutrient-rich vegetables (spinach and cucumbers), sweet fruit (strawberries and apple), salty, creamy feta cheese (I love cheese), and crunchy walnuts (high in omega-3 fats). The simple vinaigrette is tangy and slightly sweet, which goes beautifully with the contrasting flavours and textures of the salad.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
All the colourful ingredients! Amounts are in the Ingredients list.
The vinaigrette ingredients! Amounts in Ingredients list.
Whisk it well all together!
The greens, fruit, cheese, and nuts in a large bowl!
Pour in your desired amount of dressing and toss to coat.
Strawberry Cucumber Spinach Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Active time: 10 minutes Total time: 10 minutes Servings: 2 as a meal or 4 as a side
For the salad:
- 6 packed cups baby spinach
- 1 ½ cup English cucumbers (I used the mini variety), sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 medium sweet apple, cored and chopped into cubes
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
For the vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients until well combined. Taste and adjust the dressing to your preference. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients, then drizzle the desired amount of vinaigrette on top. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- If you are planning to have leftovers, keep the salad separate from the vinaigrette and cover both in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Re-whisk the vinaigrette and drizzle just before serving.