Hello there! Today’s recipe is a quick and simple recipe for Broccoli Cheddar Cornbread Muffins.
They are delicious, savoury, tender muffins perfect to serve with chili, ribs, and other dishes or just to have as a snack.
In fact, they would pair wonderfully with my last recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash and Black Bean Chili!
So how do you make these cornbread muffins?
Prepare and measure out the ingredients, including shredding the cheddar cheese and finely dicing the broccoli. Full ingredient amounts and full instructions listed down below in the recipe card.
In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.
In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: milk, butter, and egg until uniform in appearance.
Then, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until the batter is just combined.
Add the broccoli and cheddar into the batter. Scoop the batter into each lined muffin pan cup.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes, until a wooden skewer comes out clean in the center. Enjoy!
Here are some helpful RECIPE TIPS:
- Use a food processor to finely dice the broccoli.
- Place broccoli pieces in a food processor with the S-shaped blade attachment and pulse the broccoli until it turns in small pieces.
- You can also chop it into little pieces with a sharp knife too if you prefer.
- If you are using a food processor for the broccoli, might as well use it to shred the cheese too.
- Switch out the S-shaped blade with the shredder blade and you’ve got shredded cheddar in no time.
- If not, a regular cheese grater will do the trick.
- Speaking of cheese, I like to shred and small dice the cheddar for this recipe.
- The small dice is optional, but I like the “pockets” of cheese that form in the cornbread muffin when you add in diced cheese. Shredded cheese melts into the cornbread so that the flavour of cheese is distributed throughout.
- Remember to line the baking pans with liners (I love using silicone liners) or spray it with cooking spray. That way the muffins will pop out of the pans easily.
These cornbread muffins are:
- Savoury and delicious: It’s full of broccoli and cheddar goodness all in a tender muffin form. They are best eaten warm!
- Quick and easy to make: It’s ready in 30 minutes.
- Perfect as a side dish It’s great to go as a side dish with chili, soups, and ribs or any meal that uses a savoury bread.
- Great as a snack too: It's a great grab-and-go treat to have anytime.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you try out this recipe, please leave me a comment and rating below or tag me on any of my social media.