Cranberry Whiskey Ginger Cocktail
A quick, delicious, and refreshing cocktail recipe featuring cranberry juice, bold whiskey, and sweet and spicy ginger ale. The seasonal flavours and festive colours are perfect for the holidays.
Happy Holidays! I hope you are having a great holiday season. I hope you had a Merry Christmas! And if you didn’t celebrate Christmas, happy regular day!
Today’s recipe is a simple alcoholic mixed drink that’s a breeze to put to together. It features sweet-tart cranberry juice, sweet fizzy ginger ale, robust whiskey, and a squeeze of lime juice!
Do you spell it whiskey or whisky?
I’ve mentioned this before in a previous post, but a good way to remember how certain countries spell it is simply to look at their names.
Countries with an “E” in their name like Ireland and the United States, usually spell it whiskey (the way with the E) whereas countries that don’t have an “E” in their name like Canada and Scotland don’t use an “E”, so it’s usually spelled whisky.
Neat, right? For this recipe, use the whiskey/whisky of your choice.
I used a Scotch whisky this time (we always have either a Scotch or Irish whiskey on hand in our house), which has a rich, woody, and smooth taste profile. This type works well with the sweet-tart fruity notes of the cranberry juice and sweet, yet lightly spicy flavour of the soda.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Cranberry Whiskey Ginger Cocktail!
Like easy cocktail recipes? Check out these four!
- Spiced Orange Brandy Spritzer
- Mint Strawberry Whisky Smash
- Mixed Berry Prosecco Wine Slushies
- Pomegranate Honey Moscow Mules
Overall this whiskey ginger cocktail is:
- Tasty and refreshing!
- Full of cranberry and ginger ale flavour: It has delicious sweet, bright, and tart flavors from these two main ingredients.
- Quick and easy to prepare: This recipe uses a few ingredients that’s simply a pour and serve mixed drink.
- Perfect to serve at a holiday party like a Christmas party or New Years!
- Adaptable: Add more or less alcohol according to your personal tastes.
- Scalable: This recipe makes one serving, but can easily be scaled up and made in a pitcher to serve many people at once.
I hope you try this cocktail! If you do, please leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. Please share your recipe pictures!
- 4 oz ginger ale (or ginger beer for a spicier flavour), chilled
- 2 oz cranberry juice, chilled
- 2 oz whiskey
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Lime wedge
- Optional: fresh cranberries
- In a tall highball glass (or similar), pour in cranberry juice, whiskey, and lime juice. Then top with ginger ale and ice cubes.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and fresh cranberries if you like. Add straw. Serve immediately.
- This recipe can be scaled up.
- The amount and type of whiskey is dependent on your taste preferences.
- Fresh cranberries are quite sour and tart, so they are used as a garnish instead of being eaten.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 6gSugar: 23gProtein: 1g