This food blog is for entertainment and general educational purposes only. The content is based on my own thoughts, experiences, and opinions. I am a home cook. Any no-cost advice has not been evaluated by the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA). Please use your own discretion when following my blog and associated recipes.
Unless noted in my recipes, all content including words and pictures published on Yay! For Food are copyrighted and may not be published or reprinted without written consent from the author.
You are welcome to share my content on social media, but it must be linked back to the original recipe or to the main website.
- I request that your sharing be limited to the title of the recipe, one photo, and a brief description with attribution and a link back to my site and that any sharing not include the full contents of the recipe.
I try my best to make note of the original author(s) of recipes that I have been inspired by; however, since I have collected, reproduced, and adapted recipes throughout the years, there may be times that I am unable to trace the origins of my recipe.
If you happen to leave a comment, I will be ecstatic. I accept constructive criticism, but will delete mean-spirited comments. I will not sell any of your personal or contact information to any companies, but I am not responsible for the privacy practices of my advertisers or blog commenters.
Nutritional information is calculated for each recipe using an online calculator. Values are estimated based on the ingredients used by the author. As a result, breakdown of nutritional information cannot be guaranteed to be accurate and is designed to be a guide only.
Updated as of Dec 18, 2018
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this Website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Yay! For Food may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are in agreement with any changes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WAYS IT MAY BE USED
Voluntary submitted information: We may collect personal information such as your name, email address, and personal Website. This information may be collected through blog post comments, subscribing to our mailing list, or by sending a message to Yay! For Food’s email.
- The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website contains such information, contact us promptly at [email protected] so we can remove this information from our records.
Submitted information may be used to:
- Send email newsletters, Website updates, and promotions. Each email will always provide you a link to unsubscribe to future emails.
- Respond effectively to your comments and questions. For example, through a blog post comment or through email inquiries.
Information from other sources: We may collect information about you via other sources. Linking your social media such as, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, and/or Twitter profile, may lead us to receive information such as your name, profile picture, and location associated with that account.
- When leaving a comment on this Website, certain information may be publicly visible such as your name (as entered by you) and website. Your email address will never be available publicly.
Automatically-Collected Information: When you visit this Website, we log basic information regarding your visit, including your IP address, operating system, web browser, access time, pages viewed on this Website, and the website that directed you to our Website. Actions you take on this Website, may result in additional information collection, such as which links you clicked on this Website.
Cookies: Cookies are small files placed on your device, which allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to visitor needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes (see Google Analytics section below).
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
Occasionally, the Website may engage in re-marketing efforts with third-party companies, such as Google, Facebook, or Instagram, in order to market the Website. These companies use cookie
s to serve ads based on someone’s past visits to the Website.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
Updated May 18, 2022
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information. In addition, this Website may engage third-party service providers to facilitate portions of this Website’s functionality. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
We currently use the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics: This service is used to analyze and collect this Website’s statistical data such as number of visits and page views through cookies. These cookies may store IP addresses, but do not collect any personally identifiable information. Data we share with Google Analytics is retained for no more than 26 months. You can opt-out of Google Analytics Tracking by installing a Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on .
- Advertising: Please refer to the heading “Advertising” as noted above. Yay! For Food is a publisher for Mediavine Publisher Network, a full-service ad management company for content creators.
- Affiliate Program Participation: The Website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, “an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.” When you click on an affiliate link, a cookie will be placed on the browser, which will track sales for commission purposes. The Website will earn a small commission if you purchase through these links.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Opt-out: If you have subscribed to our mailing list or sent us an email directly, you may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe link in all our emails. You can also elect to request removal from our mailing list through email at [email protected]
- Access: You may access the personal information we have about you by contacting us at [email protected]
- Update: Request an update or amendment to your personal information through email at [email protected]
- Forget: You may request via email at [email protected] to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. Note that we may retain certain information for recordkeeping, to complete transactions, or when required by law.