Hello! These 3-Ingredient Trail Mix Cookies are wonderfully simple to make and full of delicious flavour!
The cookies are chewy from the oats and naturally sweetened from the bananas. The trail mix adds crunchiness, sweetness, and a hint of saltiness to these filling cookies.
My trail mix contained peanuts, cashews, almonds, dried raisins, and chocolate chips. Feel free to mix it up with your favourite combination of nuts, seeds, dried fruits, and chocolate bites (if you like).
Overall, there are only a few ingredients (five all together if you use the two optional ingredients) and it’s super easy to prepare. All the ingredients are mixed in one bowl, shaped into cookies, and then baked until ready.
It’s great to have as a quick breakfast cookie, a snack on-the-go, or for dessert after a meal.
I hope you enjoy this delightful cookie recipe!
How do you make these simple trail mix cookies?
(Complete ingredient amounts and instructions in the recipe card down below)
In a large bowl, combine together the mashed bananas, quick oats, trail mix, vanilla extract (optional), and sea salt (optional).
Measure out ¼ cup of dough, roll it into a ball, and place it on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Gently flatten each cookie with your hand.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is firm to the touch and the bottoms are lightly golden-brown. Let them cool slightly before eating.
Two quick tips:
- Use ripe, soft bananas that are easy to mash up with a fork.
- Use a trail mix that has an assortment of ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit (like dried raisins, cranberries, apples, or bananas), seeds, and chocolate bits for extra flavour and texture in your cookies.
Looking for more easy cookie recipes? Check out these four tasty varieties!
- White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 6-Ingredient Crunchy Almond Cookies
- Raspberry Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies
- Chewy Gingersnap (Molasses) Cookies
In summary, these Trail Mix Cookies are:
- Delicious: It’s chewy from the oatmeal as well as crunchy and sweet from the trail mix and ripe banana.
- Quick and easy to make: Everything is mixed in one-bowl and is ready to bake in 10 minutes or less.
- A tasty dessert, quick breakfast or snack: Enjoy them a with cup of tea or coffee, or a glass of milk. You can also pack them up and take them to-go for a quick snack.
- Scalable: You can double the recipe (or more) or even cut it in half if you like.
- So shareable: It’s a great cookie to bring on the go and to share with others.
Did you make this easy three-ingredient cookie recipe? If you did, please leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. Please share your cookie photo!
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ (heaping) cup trail mix (assortment of nuts, seeds, dried fruits, chocolate chips, etc).
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ tsp sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, quick oats, trail mix, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined.
- Measure out ¼ cup of dough, form a ball with the palms of your hands, and place it at least two inches apart on the baking sheet, making 13 cookies. Gently flatten each cookie with your hand.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops are firm and the bottoms are lightly golden-brown. Let the cookies cool slightly on the baking sheet before enjoying.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 13 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are estimated based on the ingredients used by the author; your ingredients may differ. These values are calculated using Nutritionix.
Sharing is caring!