Easy Mozzarella Chicken with Marinara Sauce
Enjoy a delicious dinner in no time with this easy mozzarella chicken recipe. This saucy and cheesy chicken dish is perfect to make on a weeknight!
Hi There! Today’s recipe is delicious Mozzarella Chicken with Marinara Sauce. A flavourful combination that’s protein-packed, saucy, and cheesy!
It’s an easy recipe, baked in one dish, that takes about 10 minutes to prepare and needs only 10 ingredients including pantry staples like olive oil, salt, and pepper.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
How do you make this tasty chicken recipe?
(Full ingredient amounts and instructions available in the recipe card down below).
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. In a 9×13 casserole dish, spread out spinach in an even layer. Stir together the marinara sauce with garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper in a measuring cup or bowl. (first photo).
Pour ¾ cup of the marinara sauce mixture over the spinach and toss to combine (second photo).
Coat both sides of the chicken breasts with olive oil and a generous amount of salt and pepper (first photo).
Place the chicken in a single layer on top of the spinach. Next, top each chicken breast with the remaining marinara sauce, then place the mozzarella cheese over the sauce-covered chicken (second photo).
Bake uncovered for 25-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked (the internal temperature is at least 165 degrees F). Remove the chicken from the oven and top with fresh basil.
Finally, serve over pasta (or beside vegetables and a grain such as rice). Enjoy!
Love easy one-dish/pan/pot meals? Here are four more comforting dishes!
- One-Pan-Italian Sausage and Orzo Pasta
- One-Pan Tofu Coconut Curry
- One-Pot Carrot Orange Ginger Soup
- One-Pan Rosemary Garlic Chicken
In all, this easy mozzarella chicken recipe is:
- Delicious and flavourful: Tender chicken breasts covered with savoury marinara and melty mozzarella is an amazingly tasty combination. The wilted baby spinach adds a little bit of healthy greens to your meal.
- Easy to make: This recipe takes little time to prepare (10 minutes or less) and is simply baked until ready.
- Uses few ingredients: It’s made up of pantry staples or ingredients that are (likely) easy to find at your local supermarket.
- Wonderful to serve over pasta or along with vegetables and rice.
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. Please share your recipe pictures!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4-5 oz. each) *(see first note)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1¾ cups marinara sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 heaping cups baby spinach
- 200 g fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Serve over pasta or as a side dish with vegetables and a grain if you like.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. In a 9x13 casserole dish, spread out spinach in an even layer. Set aside.
- In a measuring cup or bowl, combine together the marinara sauce with garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Pour ¾ cup of the sauce mixture over the spinach and toss to combine.
- In another bowl, rub the chicken breasts with olive oil and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a single layer, spread apart, on top of the spinach.
- Top each chicken breast with the remaining marinara sauce. Place mozzarella cheese over the sauce-covered chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 25-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature is at least 165 degrees F).
- Top with fresh basil before serving over pasta or as a side dish.
- *Slice chicken breast in half lengthwise if large (9-10 oz.)
- Nutritional information is based on one serving for a total of four servings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 509Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 144mgSodium: 1002mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 53g
Nutritional values are estimated based on the ingredients used by the author; your ingredients may differ. These values are calculated using Nutritionix.