Hey there! These Cheesy Baked Zucchini Bites are delicious nuggets of savoury goodness! They are golden-brown and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
The crispy bottoms from the melted cheese are my favourite part.
In all, there are only seven ingredients including salt and pepper. They are so simple to prepare!
It’s wonderful to serve as a snack, appetizer, or even as a side dish. It’s tasty to eat on its own, but also scrumptious when dipped in ranch dressing, marinara sauce, or sour cream.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
How do you make these zucchini bites?
(Complete ingredient amounts and instructions available in the recipe card down below).
Place the shredded zucchini in a fine mesh stainer with a bowl underneath it. Sprinkle with sea salt and toss to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes (first photo).
In another large bowl, add the shredded cheddar cheese, Panko, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic power, and black pepper. Squeeze the liquid out of the zucchini with your hands (as much as you can) and add it to the bowl with the other ingredients (second photo).
Combine all the ingredients together until well incorporated (first photo). Scoop out heaping tablespoons of the mixture and place them on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet (second photo).
Bake at 425 degrees F for 25-30 minutes until golden-brown. Let it cool for a few minutes before enjoying!
Looking for more easy recipes featuring zucchini? Check out these four!
- Easy Zucchini Carrot Pancakes
- Zucchini Gratin with Gruyere and Panko Breadcrumbs
- Creamy Goat Cheese Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes
- Zucchini Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers
In summary, these baked zucchini bites are:
- Tasty: Cheddar and zucchini is one delicious and savoury combination.
- Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The texture is pleasing to the palate.
- A wonderful snack, appetizer, or side dish option: It’s perfect finger food.
- Fast and easy to put together: It uses few ingredients – many are pantry staples.
- Scalable: This recipe can be easily scaled up to make more or halved to make fewer bites.
- Adaptable: Switch out the cheese with another melty cheese of your choice such as gruyère, emmenthal, or Monterey jack.
- Great to eat on their own, but also wonderful to serve with ranch dressing, sour cream, marinara sauce, or even plain Greek yogurt.
- Vegetarian too!
Did you make this cheesy zucchini bites recipe? If you did, please leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. Please share your photos!
- 2½ cups (packed) zucchini, shredded
- 1½ cups white cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a food processor with a grater (shredder) attachment (or a box grater), shred the zucchini and place it in a fine mesh strainer (with a bowl below). Sprinkle ½ tsp salt over the zucchini and give it a gentle toss. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare and measure the other ingredients and place them in a large bowl.
- Then, using your hands, squeeze the grated zucchini to drain excess liquid (it doesn’t need to be fully dry) before adding it with the other ingredients.
- Mix together until well-combined.
- Scoop out heaping tablespoons (I used a #50 cookie scoop, which holds 1.28 tablespoons) of the mixture and place them at least 1-inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden-brown. Let it cool slightly before eating.
- Nutritional information represents one zucchini bite for a total of 20 bites.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are estimated based on the ingredients used by the author; your ingredients may differ. These values are calculated using Nutritionix.