Six-Ingredient Crunchy Almond Cookies
A delicious sweet treat! Try this easy-to-make six ingredient cookie that’s full of yummy almond flavour! It’s ready in 30 minutes too.
Do you like Crunchy Almond Cookies? Here at the Yay! For Food household, we love them because it makes us all nostalgic.
Memories (aka story-time)
Scott likes to say that almond cookies are enjoyed across all cultures.
For myself, as a young child, I remember devouring Chinese almond cookies that had a single almond pressed on top. They were crispy on the outside and had a nice golden shine on top from being brushed with a egg wash before being baked.
They are usually eaten for Chinese New Year, but I felt that I ate those store-bought almond cookies all year round.
Scott remembers going to the local Dutch deli as a child. The deli was loaded with all types of European baked good, but there were a few staples that Scott’s parent always purchased.
Among these were coconut rings with the paper backing and crispy pretzel-shaped cookies, but Scott’s favourite were the soft, almond finger cookies with the single almond half on top. There were relatively few cookies in each package, so you had to quick if you wanted one.
So I thought, why not combine some parts of both almond cookies that we most identify with into an easy-to-make one-bowl recipe. It only has six ingredients too!
How do you make these almond cookies?
(Full ingredient amounts and instructions available in the recipe card down below)
Measure out and prepare the six ingredients!
Everything is mixed together in one bowl. I like to use a stand mixer to make these cookies quickly and easily.
Scoop out a walnut size (one tablespoon) of dough and flatten it on a baking sheet. Make sure that they are placed at least one inch apart.
Lightly press almond pieces on top of the each cookie before baking for 12-15 minutes.
Why make these crunchy almond cookies?
These almond cookies have a wonderful crunch to them, especially on the outside.
The insides of the cookie is rich and buttery, a combination of tenderness of the dough and the crunch from the almonds. It’s full of almond flavour from the pure almond extract (so warm and nutty) and sliced almonds in and on top of the cookies.
These cookies are amazing right out of the oven (okay, you got to let it cool for a couple minutes so you don’t burn your mouth). It has a wonderful sweetness that fits so well with the strong almond flavour throughout the cookie.
To note, the longer you keep the cookies, the more uniformly crunchy the cookie will get. Of course, the delicious flavour will still be there.
Serve these lovely cookies at a party or get-together, make it for a cookie exchange, be the hero at work, or simply save them to snack on all week. I love eating them with a cup of coffee, hot tea, or a glass of milk.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Did you make this easy crunchy almond cookie recipe? Leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. Please share your recipe pictures!
- 1 cup (8 oz.) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1½ tsp pure almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sliced almonds, plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an electric or stand mixer, at medium speed, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy and well-combined. Add egg yolks and almond extract until combined.
- Gently pour the flour into the mix, scraping down the sides if necessary, until the dough is smooth. Fold in the sliced almonds until just combined.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of dough and form a ball using the palms of your hands. Place the ball on a large ungreased, non-stick baking sheet. Repeat the process until all the cookies are formed. Make sure that the cookies are at least an inch apart.
- Flatten each cookie with your hand (or the back of a floured glass tumbler). Press down pieces of almonds onto the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges and bottoms are golden-brown. Let cool slightly before eating.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Calories represents one cookie.
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I only link to products that I use and/or highly recommend. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 78Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Sharing is caring!