Hello! Today’s Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe is a healthy and delicious meal option that’s perfect for lunch or dinner. This recipe has a tasty mix of ground chicken, colourful vegetables (orange carrots, purple cabbage, green onions and lettuce), and a simple, but rich tasting Asian sauce that’s salty and sweet with a bit of heat too.
It comes together in 30 minutes, but you can make these lettuce wraps a day or two ahead of time. Reheat the chicken and veggie mixture in a skillet or in the microwave and then wrap them up in lettuce leaves just before you eat.
This recipe is versatile too. Change up the type of ground meat by using turkey, pork, or beef. Throw in some additional shredded vegetables like broccoli, kale, or parsnip to up the volume of veggies. Or take it in a different direction by using the ground chicken mixture on top of rice or noodles.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
How do you make these tasty lettuce wraps?
(Full ingredient amounts and instructions available in the recipe card below).
Combine sauce ingredients (hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, and water) together in a medium bowl. Set aside (not shown).
In a large sauté pan or skillet at medium-high heat, add vegetable oil and cook the chopped onion until lightly browned. Add the ground chicken, sautéing until no longer pink. Then add in ginger and garlic, stirring for 1-2 minutes (first photo).
Add shredded carrots and cabbage. Sauté until just softened, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat (second photo).
Pour in sauce and toss to evenly coat the ground chicken and vegetables. Top with green onions (first photo).
Scoop the mixture onto lettuce leaves and serve immediately (second photo).
Check out these four delicious ground meat recipes!
- One-Pan Turkey Asparagus Stir-Fry
- Ginger Pork Meatball Soup with Bok Choy
- One Skillet Beef Pasta Casserole
- Instant Pot Beef and Cabbage Soup
In summary, these chicken lettuce wraps are:
- Delicious: The combination of ground chicken, vegetables, and umami sauce is a hit. The lettuce gives the meal additional freshness and a light crunch.
- Healthy: It’s a lower carb alternative to using a bun or mixing it with rice or noodles (although there is nothing wrong with that!).
- Adaptable: Switch up the ground chicken with turkey, beef, or pork if you desire. I use butter lettuce in this recipe, but romaine lettuce will also work.
- Wonderful to make in advance: Make them a day or two ahead. It is best to store the meat mixture separate from the lettuce until just prior to serving.
That’s a wrap! (sorry). Did you make this easy lettuce wrap recipe? Leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. Please share your recipe pictures!
For the chicken:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb. lean ground chicken
- 1 small white (or yellow) onion, chopped
- 2-inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce (optional)
- Butter lettuce, leaves pulled apart and washed
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients: hoisin sauce, water, soy sauce, and sriracha sauce (optional) until well-combined. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan or skillet (I use a 12-inch cast-iron skillet) at medium-high heat, pour in vegetable oil along with the chopped onion. Sauté until lightly browned.
- Add ground chicken with salt and pepper, breaking down the chicken until no longer pink. Add ginger and garlic, stirring until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the shredded carrots and cabbage. Sauté until they just begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour in sauce and carefully toss all the ingredients together to make sure the sauce evenly coats the ground chicken and vegetables. Top with green onions.
- Divide onto lettuce leaves and serve with sriracha sauce (if you want). Enjoy!
- I used a food processor with the shredding disc to quickly shred the carrots and cabbage. You can buy a bag of shredded carrots and cabbage if you are looking to save a bit more time too.
- Nutritional information represents one serving for a total of 6 servings.
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I only link to products that I use and/or highly recommend. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 430mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 19g
Nutritional values are estimated based on the ingredients used by the author; your ingredients may differ. These values are calculated using Nutritionix.