One-Pan Turkey Asparagus Stir-Fry
A quick and delicious one-pan stir-fry recipe made with ground turkey, earthy green asparagus, and sweet bell pepper in a flavourful soy sauce-based sauce.
Today’s One-Pan Turkey Asparagus Stir-Fry recipe is a quick and easy dinner option that’s perfect to whip up on a busy weekend night or when you just want a fast meal. The recipe just takes 25 minutes or less to put together!
A stir-fry is one of the most versatile meal options. There are so many possible combinations, you are certain to find one you like and the quantity of each ingredient is easy to adjust up or down to suite your taste.
In this recipe, lean ground turkey is matched up with earthy green asparagus and sweet bell pepper in a flavourful savoury soy sauce-based sauce. Serve it over rice and you’ve got yourself one delicious meal.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
How do you make this tasty Turkey Asparagus Stir-Fry recipe?
(Full ingredient amounts and instructions available in the recipe card down below)
Whisk together chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch, rice vinegar, and sesame oil in a medium bowl. Also chop and mince the vegetables before you start stir-frying (first photo).
In a large sauté pan or skillet at medium-high heat, add in vegetable oil and ground turkey. Break down the turkey into small pieces and stir until it is fully cooked through (second photo). Place the turkey into a bowl. Set aside.
Add in a half tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the asparagus and pepper into the pan. Sauté until the vegetables just begin to soften (first photo).
Add in the garlic and ginger and sauté for another minute. Return the ground turkey to the pan.
Pour the sauce over the ingredients. Gently toss so that the ground turkey and vegetables are evenly coated with sauce and the stir-fry is completely heated through (second photo).
Top with green onions and serve over rice. Enjoy!
Looking for more easy one pan recipes? Take a look at these four.
- One-Pan Italian Sausage and Orzo
- One-Pan Tofu Coconut Curry
- Sheet-Pan Baked Salmon with Asparagus
- One-Pan Rosemary Garlic Chicken
In summary, this stir-fry recipe is:
- Delicious: The simple mix of ground turkey, asparagus, and pepper in an umami-rich sauce (served over rice) is full of scrumptious flavours.
- Quick and simple to make: This uncomplicated recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- Easy to clean-up: Since this recipe is all cooked in one-pan, there are less dishes to wash in the end.
- A great fast meal option for any day or night of the week.
Did you make this easy Turkey Asparagus Stir-Fry recipe? Leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. Please share your recipe pictures!
For the stir-fry:
- 1½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 1lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 bunch asparagus (10-12 stalks), remove woody ends and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-inch fresh ginger, minced
- ¾ cup green onions, chopped
For the sauce:
- ½ cup chicken broth (low sodium or no salt added)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce (can substitute with hoisin sauce)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- Cooked Rice
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients: chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch, rice vinegar, and sesame oil until well-combined. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan or skillet (I use a 12-inch cast-iron skillet) at medium-high heat, pour in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and then add the ground turkey. Break down the turkey into small pieces until it is fully cooked through. Place the turkey into a bowl. Set aside.
- Pour in the remaining half tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the asparagus and bell pepper into the pan. Sauté until they just begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and ginger and sauté for another minute. Return the ground turkey to the pan.
- Pour the sauce into the pan (you may need to whisk the sauce again to re-incorporate the ingredients first). Carefully toss all the ingredients together to make sure the sauce evenly coats the ground turkey and vegetables, about 2-3 minutes or until all the ingredients are heated through.
- Top with green onions and serve over rice. Enjoy!
Nutritional information is based on one serving for a total of four servings and excludes rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 1128mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 34g
Nutritional values are estimated based on the ingredients used by the author; your ingredients may differ. These values are calculated using Nutritionix.