Hello! Today’s recipe is Instant Pot Lemon Feta Potatoes! This Greek-inspired side dish features tender lemony herbed potatoes topped with salty, creamy feta. It’s simply full of tasty, tangy flavours.
Best of all, it comes together quickly in the Instant Pot. This recipe uses a simple dump-and-go method. You mix all the ingredients in the Instant Pot (minus the feta and optional green onion or parsley) and let the machine do its job.
Then finish it by topping the potatoes with feta cheese and broil in the oven to brown and heat the cheese. The remaining chicken broth liquid (from the Instant Pot) is also utilized as a sauce in the end.
It’s a wonderful side dish to accompany a wide variety of main dishes, especially those that go well with zesty lemon flavours. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
How do you make this Lemon Feta Potato recipe?
(Full ingredient amounts and instructions available in the recipe card down below).
Peel and wedge the Russet potatoes, making 8 wedges per potato (first photo).
Add the chicken broth, garlic, lemon juice and zest, dried herbs, paprika, salt, and pepper to the Instant Pot (second photo – I forgot to add the paprika until after I took the photo).
Add in the potato wedges and toss to combine the ingredients together. Spread the potatoes to evenly distribute them. Seal and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes, then allow natural release for 5 minutes before applying a quick release (first photo).
Transfer the potatoes (leave the liquid behind) to a casserole dish (second photo). Top with feta cheese and broil in the oven until the feta is toasted on top (not shown).
As it broils, hit the sauté button to boil down the broth to half the amount. Tip: Adjust the sauté setting to “more” to increase the heat and boil down the liquid faster.
Note: if you like a thicker sauce, create a slurry by first mixing together two teaspoons of cornstarch with a tablespoon of water and then stirring it into the liquid.
After the feta is toasted, remove from the oven, and pour the sauce over top. Optionally top with green onions (or parsley). Add more salt and pepper if you want. Enjoy!
Looking for more simple Instant Pot recipes? Check out these four!
In summary, this Instant Pot Potato recipe is:
- Delicious: Tender herbed lemony potatoes covered with toasted feta cheese is one scrumptious combination.
- Quick and simple to make: This uncomplicated recipe is easily cooked in the Instant Pot (and then broiled in the oven) in just over 30 minutes.
- A great side option: It would be great to serve it with roasted chicken and a side of vegetables.
- Lovely to make on a lazy day or busy weeknight.
- Gluten-free too.
Did you make this easy recipe? Leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. Please share your recipe pictures!
For the potatoes:
- 2lb. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juice (¼ cup juice)
- 1 lemon, zest (1 tbsp zest)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the toppings:
- ¾ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup green onions (or parsley), chopped (optional)
- Place the chicken broth, garlic, lemon juice and zest, oregano, rosemary, paprika, salt, and pepper in the Instant Pot and mix to combine.
- Add in the potato wedges and toss to combine the ingredients together. Spread out the potatoes so that they are evenly distributed in the Instant Pot (overlap is fine).
- Seal the Instant Pot and cook at high pressure (“manual”/"pressure cook" function) for 5 minutes *(see first note) before allowing natural pressure release for 5 minutes then applying a quick pressure release to completely depressurize (until floating valve drops).
- Using a wide, flat spatula, carefully remove the potatoes (leaving the liquid behind) and place it in a 8x10 (or 9x13) casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the top of the potatoes with feta cheese. Broil in the oven to brown and soften the feta cheese on top (watch occasionally so it doesn’t burn).
- While it is in the oven, press the saute setting on the Instant Pot (adjust to “more” to increase the heat). Boil the liquid (sauce) down to half the amount **(see second note).
- Once the cheese is broiled, remove from the oven, and pour the sauce over top of the potatoes. Optionally top with green onions (or parsley). Add salt and pepper to taste. Best served immediately.
- *It takes 5-10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
- **Optionally, you can slightly thicken the liquid by mixing two teaspoons of cornstarch with a tablespoon of water (to create a slurry) before stirring it into the sauce as it boils down.
- Nutritional information is based on one serving for a total of four servings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 597mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g
Nutritional values are estimated based on the ingredients used by the author; your ingredients may differ. These values are calculated using Nutritionix.