Updated with new pictures and additional text (originally posted May 18, 2017).
Who else gets excited when berries come in season and they start showing up at grocery stores and farmer’s markets a plenty? Maybe you grow your own berries and they are just beginning to sprout?
I’m waiting impatiently to go berry picking at a local farm to get super fresh berries right off the vine, tree, or bush. We’re not in peak berry season in my neck of the woods yet, but I’m sure taking advantage of what is being offered right now.
This dessert is so simple, delicious, fresh, and light. I hope you try this simple and quick no-bake recipe for Fresh Berries with Honey Lemon Mascarpone Cream!
Place the sliced strawberries and blueberries in a bowl with lemon juice and lemon zest. Give the ingredients a toss. Set aside. Full ingredients and instructions in the recipe card down below.
The cream is so easy to make; no electric mixer or food processor needed. Just a bowl and a whisk to mix the mascarpone cheese, Greek yogurt, vanilla, honey, lemon juice and zest all together.
This lovely dessert is:
- Delicious and fresh-tasting: The natural sweet and tart flavours of strawberries and blueberries shine with the help of a zesty, bright fresh lemon juice and zest. Mixing lightly sweet and mildly tangy mascarpone cheese and Greek yogurt with more lemon and honey creates a lightly sweet and lemony smooth cream that goes perfectly with the berries.
- A lighter, healthier dessert option: Using fat-free Greek yogurt, instead of traditionally heavy cream (or whipped cream) cuts down on the overall fat and adds a little protein to this fabulous dessert.
- Quick and easy: This is a great no-bake dessert that’s only takes 15 minutes or less to put together! No electric equipment required. Just a couple bowls, a knife, a whisk, and a spoon.
- Perfect to serve two: It’s a wonderful couple’s dessert to whip up quickly!
- Totally scalable too: This recipe serves two, but can easily be scaled up to make more servings if you like.
- Great to make ahead of time: Simply make this dessert a few hours ahead of time or even the day before. Make sure to cover and store these treats in the refrigerator until just prior to serving.
- Also great as a fruit and dip dessert or appetizer: Instead of layering the fruit and cream, you can also serve the cream as a dip with an assortment of fruit on the side.
- (For my American readers) It's excellent to serve for the Fourth of July: This dessert is red, white, and blue! Perfect to serve on Independence Day.
Looking for more recipes using fresh strawberries and/or blueberries? Check out these ones:
- Balsamic Strawberry Ricotta Crostini
- Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Quick Bread
- Classic Lemon Blueberry Loaf Cake
- Grilled Peach Blueberry Spinach Salad with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Strawberry Blueberry Coconut Water Popsicles
I hope you try this recipe! If you do, please leave me a rating and comment down below, tag me, or use the hashtag #yayforfood on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. I’d love a picture.