Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots
A delicious and easy sheet pan dinner recipe featuring chicken breasts marinated in a simple balsamic sauce. It’s baked with hearty vegetables, which includes potatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrots!
Hello there! My husband and I are in the midst of trying to sell our house and things have been busy for us lately.
The hardest thing is keeping the house super tidy and clean for the potential buyers that want to check out our home.
I’ll admit that I do make a mess in the kitchen when I cook and bake, especially when photographing my recipes for this blog. Luckily, sheet pan dinners keep the mess to a minimum! Yay for less dishes to wash!
This recipe is delicious, flavourful, and good-for-you too.
The chicken is marinated in a sweet and tangy balsamic vinegar-based sauce.
Balsamic vinegar is paired with rich, sweet, slightly woody flavours of pure maple syrup (I love maple syrup) along with pungent fresh garlic, a little olive oil, and salt and pepper (which enhances everything).
Simple, but it really gives the chicken great flavour!
It’s accompanied by healthy root vegetables, including red potatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrots, as well as sweet onions, that are roasted on the same baking sheet with the chicken until they are fork tender. The charred, caramelized bits on the veggies is my favourite part!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots!
How do you make this easy dinner recipe?
Whisk together the balsamic marinade (not shown) in a bowl. Place the chicken in a large Ziploc (resealable) bag and add ½ of the sauce to the bag.
Marinade for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Reserve the remaining marinade (sauce) in an airtight container. Ingredients amounts and complete instructions in the recipe card down below.
In the meantime, peel and chop the carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and onions. Place in a large bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
After the chicken has marinated, place the chicken on a large baking sheet and then spread the vegetables around them in a single layer. Add fresh rosemary on top.
Bake at 425 degrees for 25-35 minutes until juices run clear or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. I like using a digital instant read thermometer.
Plate and top chicken with reserved balsamic sauce (I totally forgot to do this for the photos, but it’s important). Enjoy!
Looking for more easy chicken recipes? Check out these three!
- Honey Mustard Chicken Salad with Avocado and Tomatoes
- Baked Crispy Coconut Chicken Nuggets
- White Bean Chicken Chili (made in the Instant Pot)
This sheet pan chicken recipe:
- Is a delicious and filling meal: Tasty savoury, tart, and sweet notes from the marinated balsamic maple chicken and roasted root vegetables makes this a winning combination. I love the charred bits on the veggies the most!
- Is quick and easy to make: It’s takes only a few simple steps to make this filling dinner.
- Uses simple ingredients: The ingredients are (probably) easy to find at the grocery store or likely in your kitchen pantry and refrigerator already.
- Makes four servings: A perfect dinner for a family of four, as meal prep, or simply to have as leftovers the next day.
- Perfect to make for a quick weeknight dinner or on a lazy day.
- It’s gluten-free too.
I hope you try this chicken dinner recipe! If you do, please leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. Please share your recipe pictures!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (7-8 oz each)
- 4 large sprigs of fresh rosemary
For the marinade/sauce:
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the vegetables:
- 2 small (14 oz) sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into ½ - 1-inch pieces
- 2 (14 oz) red potatoes, peeled and chopped into ½ - 1-inch pieces
- 4 small (8 oz) carrots, peeled and chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into eight wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the marinade/sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together the marinade/sauce ingredients until well-combined.
- Place the chicken in a large Ziploc (resealable) bag and add ½ of the sauce to the bag. Squeeze out excess air before sealing the bag. Move the bag around making sure that the chicken is well-coated.
- Marinade for 30 minutes in the refrigerator (I like to place the bag in a baking dish just in case the bag leaks). Store the remaining balsamic sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator as well* (see first note).
- For the vegetables. While the chicken marinades, prepare the vegetables (peeling and chopping) and then place in a large bowl along with the olive oil and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Time to Bake. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. On a large baking sheet, place the chicken breasts (discard excess marinade) before adding the vegetables around the chicken in a single layer. Break apart the rosemary sprigs into pieces and place on top of the chicken and vegetables.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until chicken is cooked through (juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F) and vegetables are fork tender.
- Put it together. Plate chicken and vegetables. Finish by topping the chicken with reserved sauce (you may need to re-whisk first). Best served immediately.
- *Remove from the refrigerator 10-15 minutes prior to the chicken and vegetables being done to allow the sauce to come back up to room temperature.
- Nutritional information represents one serving for a total of four servings.
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I only link to products that I use and/or highly recommend. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 491 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 242mg Carbohydrates: 63g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 26g Protein: 23g