Creamy Date Coffee Breakfast Smoothies
Creamy and delicious! Start your morning with this refreshing coffee and date smoothie that will give you a healthy energy boost for the day!
Hello! I’m back with a super easy and quick smoothie! It’s like having your coffee and oatmeal all in one, but in a delicious creamy, drinkable form.
Plus, it’s naturally sweetened! Check out this Creamy Date Coffee Breakfast Smoothie!
What’s in this tasty smoothie?
- Coffee: You get a little caffeine boost from the strong coffee, which can help you feel less tired and more energized.
- I like to brew a cup of strong coffee first thing in the morning and let it cool while I get ready for the day. Then I finish the smoothie after it’s cool to the touch.
- Another option is to use cold brew coffee.
- What’s cold brew coffee? Cold brew coffee is made by steeping ground coffee in cold water for 12 hours or more. Then the coffee grounds are filtered out using a coffee filter, metal sieve, cheesecloth, or French press. It tends to taste mellower and is less acidic than a regular cup of coffee.
- Unsweetened almond milk: It’s creamy, nutty, and dairy-free. You can replace almond milk with another milk of your choice.
- Rolled oats: Oats are fibre-rich, which aids in digestion and helps lower cholesterol.
- Banana: I always seem to have bananas at home. It’s sweet and has a creamy, tender texture. It’s also high in potassium, vitamin C, and fibre.
- TIP: For smoothies, use a ripe banana (where the peel is bright yellow to having many brown spots) as it is sweeter in flavour than a green banana.
- Medjool dates: This fruit is plump and soft in texture. It’s also fibre-rich and contains nutrients such as potassium, calcium, and copper, which contribute to the health of your cardiovascular system.
- TIP: Remember to remove the seeds. I just take a small paring knife, run a shallow cut down the length of the date and remove the seed with my fingers.
- Chia seeds: I love throwing chia seeds into almost all my smoothies. Why?
- They are tiny, yet they pack a healthy kick to any food you add it to. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, high in protein, and full of vitamins and minerals such as calcium, iron, and magnesium.
- Vanilla extract: Adds a hint of that wonderful flavour.
- Ice: Makes the drink nice and cold!
Overall this date coffee smoothie is:
- Delicious and good-for-you: It’s refreshing, naturally sweeten, creamy, and full of nutritional benefits!
- Fast and easy to make: Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Great for a quick breakfast or mid-day snack.
- Take it on-the-go: Fill up your favourite portable tumbler for the road.
- Vegan and gluten-free: Just make sure that the ingredients such as the oats are made in a gluten-free facility (it’ll probably say it on the package label).
I hope you try this coffee breakfast smoothie recipe! If you do, please leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. I’ll love a picture!
- 1 cup black coffee, cooled (or cold brewed)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, chilled
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 banana, peeled (fresh or frozen)
- 3 Medjool dates, seeded
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Large handful of ice cubes (5-6)
- Place all the ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Once blended, taste and adjust according to preferences such as adding more milk to thin out the smoothie or more dates for added sweetness.
- Best served immediately.
- Substitute the almond milk with a different milk of your choice if you prefer.
- Nutritional calories represents one serving for a total of three servings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 7mg Carbohydrates: 57g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 32g Protein: 6g