Vanilla Earl Grey Overnight Oats
The flavour of a London Fog Tea Latte meets the creamy wholesome goodness of oatmeal in this Earl Grey overnight oats recipe. A simple and delicious treat made ahead of time with only six ingredients. Enjoy it for breakfast, dessert, or as a snack!
These tasty and tender overnight oats are flavoured by Earl Grey tea, soaked in almond milk, sweetened by honey, and enhanced with a splash of pure vanilla.
What’s Earl Grey Tea?
It’s a popular flavoured tea that has a black tea base combined with the oil from the rind of a bergamot orange, which tastes like a combination of an orange and lemon with a little bit of grapefruit and lime too.
It’s like a London Fog Tea Latte mixed with chilled oatmeal!
These no-bake oats are perfect to make the night before and serve for breakfast or as a snack or even as a healthier dessert.
I like to enjoy these overnight oats with a cookie or wafer for something a little extra special!
My go-to’s lately are either speculaas cookies (aka Dutch spiced windmill cookies) or stroopwafels, which are thin wafers with caramel syrup in the middle. You’ll see that I used half of a stroopwafel in the photos down below.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Vanilla Earl Grey Overnight Oats.
How do you make these overnight oats?
(Full ingredient amounts and instructions in the recipe card down below).
Place steeped earl grey tea in heat-proof bowl and whisk in honey to dissolve. Then add in milk.
Add in the oats and vanilla extract and whisk until well-combined.
Scoop the oat mixture into two (half pint) mason jars (or airtight containers). Seal the jars with lids and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Open and give the overnight oats a stir and taste. Add more milk if you prefer a thinner texture or honey for sweeter flavour if you like.
Top with a cookie or wafer before serving if you want. Enjoy!
Looking for more tasty and easy recipes using rolled (or quick) oats? Take a look at these four!
- Banana Coconut Cream Pie Overnight Oats
- Chai-Spiced Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Chocolate Oatmeal Cups
- Banana Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies with Peanut Butter Cocoa Filling
These Earl Grey Tea Overnight Oats are:
- Delicious: Tender and creamy oats combined with the smooth and distinct flavours of Earl Grey Tea, sweet honey, and vanilla is a wonderful way to start your day!
- No-bake: It’s simple and fast to assemble.
- Use few ingredients: Only six ingredients!
- Great for breakfast, as a snack, or a dessert!
- Scalable: The recipe can easily be scaled up to make more.
Did you make this overnight oat recipe? If you did, please leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. I’d love a picture!
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- 1 cup hot boiling water
- 1 tbsp pure honey
- 2 cups uncooked old fashioned rolled oats (or quick oats) *see first note
- ½ cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- cookie or wafer (I used a stroopwafel)
- In a medium bowl, steep the Earl Grey tea bag in the hot boiling water for 3-5 minutes (depending on how strong you like your tea). Discard the tea bag and stir in the honey until it completely dissolves.
- Then add the oats, milk, and vanilla extract into the bowl. Whisk together until well-combined.
- Carefully spoon into two (half pint) mason jars (or airtight containers). Seal the jars with lids and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- After the oats are ready, open the jars then give the oats a stir and taste. Add additional milk if you prefer a thinner consistency and/or more honey for a sweeter flavour.
- Finish by topping the overnight oats with a cookie or wafer if you like. Enjoy!
- I used quick oats (aka instant oats). These oats produce a softer and creamier texture than old-fashioned rolled oats. If you prefer a chewier texture that holds together better (it’s also the usual overnight oats choice), go with old-fashioned rolled oats.
- Nutritional information represents one serving and excludes the optional topping.
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I only link to products that I use and/or highly recommend. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 13mg Carbohydrates: 66g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g