This recipe is easy-peasy lemon squeezy. One skillet pan is used for browning and roasting the chicken, the roasted potatoes make a wonderful side, and the sauce is made using pantry staples (or at least ingredients that can be found in any general supermarket) and super quick to put together. Finally the chopped parsley added in the end gives the dish additional freshness and bright colour.
Perfect for a dinner (or lunch) for two. Like the husband and me. Plus a little for the dog… maybe.
Now onto the recipe.
Make the lemon garlic sauce in a small bowl by combining chicken broth, lemon juice and zest, honey, salt, and pepper.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brown the chicken thighs for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Make room for the baby potatoes and pour the sauce over chicken and potatoes. Roast for 25-30 minutes. Top with fresh chopped parsley and serve with lemon slices. Enjoy!
I hope you try this recipe! If you do, please leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. I’ll love a picture!
CHECK OUT THIS 40 SECOND RECIPE VIDEO!
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice and zest, plus slices of lemon for serving*
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb baby potatoes, cut into quarters or halved depending on size
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together chicken broth, lemon juice and zest, garlic, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet (or large oven safe frying pan) to medium-heat, add olive oil, and chicken sprinkled with a pinch of salt and pepper, and brown on both sides, about 1-2 minutes for each side.
- Remove from heat and make room on the skillet for the potatoes. Pour the sauce over the chicken and potatoes.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Top with chopped parsley and slices of lemon. Serve immediately.
- * One large lemon is about 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1 tbsp lemon zest.
- No cast iron skillet or oven-friendly frying pan? Brown the chicken in a regular frying pan first and then transfer it to a roasting pan or baking sheet with the potatoes and lemon garlic sauce before roasting in the oven.
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I only link to products that I use and/or highly recommend. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 490