Hello! Today’s recipe has wonderful sweet, sour, and zesty flavours that are delicious and refreshing. A yummy drink that is great to make as a quick breakfast or mid-day snack and it comes together in just a few minutes.
It’s Lemon Pineapple Smoothies!
What’s in this smoothie?
- Pineapple (fresh or frozen): This wonderful tropical fruit that has scrumptious sweet and tart flavours and is a good source of vitamins C, B1, manganese, and dietary fiber.
- In this recipe, I used frozen sweet pineapple. I always buy a bag of frozen pineapple chunks from the supermarket to make smoothies as it’s one of my favourite fruits.
- If you want to use fresh pineapple, pick one that’s firm, heavy for its size, and smells sweet at its stem.
- Fresh Lemon Juice: Bright flavours that brings zing to this smoothie. It’s perfect for breakfast to help you wake up!
- Add in the lemon zest if you like for added lemon-ness, but it may also give off a hint of bitterness as well.
- Bananas (fresh or frozen): This fruit adds more natural sweetness and is rich in fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, and vitamin C.
- I used a frozen one, but a fresh banana would work in this recipe too.
- Greek yogurt: Creamy, thick Greek yogurt has a tangy taste and is a good source of protein too.
- Unsweetened almond milk: My go-to non-dairy milk. It has a creamy texture and slightly nutty flavour that I like. Use any type of milk you prefer.
- Pure Honey: The distinct rich sweetness of honey compliments the fruits in this drink.
- Ground Turmeric (optional): This golden-yellow spice is lightly aromatic and is known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It gives the smoothie a light yellow colour.
- Ice: Only necessary if you are using both fresh pineapple and banana and would like a slightly thicker smoothie texture.
Overall, this smoothie is:
- Delicious and flavourful: Yummy sweet, tart, zesty, and sour notes in this smoothie that’ll put some pep to your step! This smoothie has a creamy texture that’s pleasing to the palate too.
- Refreshing and cool: Perfect to enjoy on a hot day.
- Full of nutritious benefits.
- Simple and quick to make: It takes about 5 minutes to make. Simply place all the ingredients in the blender and combined until smooth.
- Great to make for a quick breakfast or snack: Fill up a travel cup to take it with you on-the-go.
- Gluten-free too.
Looking for more smoothie recipes? Check out these four!
- Chocolate Banana Smoothies
- Kale Pineapple Chia Smoothies
- Blueberry Lime Yogurt Smoothies
- Strawberry Avocado Green Smoothies
I hope you try this smoothie recipe! If you do, please leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. Please share a picture!
- 1 heaping cup pineapple chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1 ripe banana, peeled (fresh or frozen)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- ½ cup plain (or vanilla) Greek yogurt (0% fat)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp pure honey
- ½ tsp lemon zest (optional)
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 4-6 ice cubes, only if using fresh fruit
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Once blended, taste and adjust according to preferences such as adding more yogurt for a thicker smoothie or more pineapple or banana for more sweetness.
- Best served immediately.
- Nutritional information represents one serving for a total of three servings.
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I only link to products that I use and/or highly recommend. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 3gSugar: 37gProtein: 12g