Lemon Pineapple Smoothies
Wonderful sweet and tart pineapple meets the zesty flavour of lemon in this bright and healthy smoothie recipe.
Hello! Today’s recipe has wonderful sweet, sour, and zesty flavours that are delicious and refreshing. A yummy drink that is great to make as a quick breakfast or mid-day snack and it comes together in just a few minutes.
It’s Lemon Pineapple Smoothies!
What’s in this smoothie?
- Pineapple (fresh or frozen): This wonderful tropical fruit that has scrumptious sweet and tart flavours and is a good source of vitamins C, B1, manganese, and dietary fiber.
- In this recipe, I used frozen sweet pineapple. I always buy a bag of frozen pineapple chunks from the supermarket to make smoothies as it’s one of my favourite fruits.
- If you want to use fresh pineapple, pick one that’s firm, heavy for its size, and smells sweet at its stem.
- Fresh Lemon Juice: Bright flavours that brings zing to this smoothie. It’s perfect for breakfast to help you wake up!
- Add in the lemon zest if you like for added lemon-ness, but it may also give off a hint of bitterness as well.
- Bananas (fresh or frozen): This fruit adds more natural sweetness and is rich in fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, and vitamin C.
- I used a frozen one, but a fresh banana would work in this recipe too.
- Greek yogurt: Creamy, thick Greek yogurt has a tangy taste and is a good source of protein too.
- Unsweetened almond milk: My go-to non-dairy milk. It has a creamy texture and slightly nutty flavour that I like. Use any type of milk you prefer.
- Pure Honey: The distinct rich sweetness of honey compliments the fruits in this drink.
- Ground Turmeric (optional): This golden-yellow spice is lightly aromatic and is known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It gives the smoothie a light yellow colour.
- Ice: Only necessary if you are using both fresh pineapple and banana and would like a slightly thicker smoothie texture.
Overall, this smoothie is:
- Delicious and flavourful: Yummy sweet, tart, zesty, and sour notes in this smoothie that’ll put some pep to your step! This smoothie has a creamy texture that’s pleasing to the palate too.
- Refreshing and cool: Perfect to enjoy on a hot day.
- Full of nutritious benefits.
- Simple and quick to make: It takes about 5 minutes to make. Simply place all the ingredients in the blender and combined until smooth.
- Great to make for a quick breakfast or snack: Fill up a travel cup to take it with you on-the-go.
- Gluten-free too.
Looking for more smoothie recipes? Check out these four!
- Chocolate Banana Smoothies
- Kale Pineapple Chia Smoothies
- Blueberry Lime Yogurt Smoothies
- Strawberry Avocado Green Smoothies
I hope you try this smoothie recipe! If you do, please leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. Please share a picture!
- 1 heaping cup pineapple chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1 ripe banana, peeled (fresh or frozen)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- ½ cup plain (or vanilla) Greek yogurt (0% fat)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp pure honey
- ½ tsp lemon zest (optional)
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 4-6 ice cubes, only if using fresh fruit
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Once blended, taste and adjust according to preferences such as adding more yogurt for a thicker smoothie or more pineapple or banana for more sweetness.
- Best served immediately.
- Nutritional information represents one serving for a total of three servings.
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I only link to products that I use and/or highly recommend. I earn a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 74mg Carbohydrates: 50g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 37g Protein: 12g