Vegan Cashew Chocolate Dip
A versatile vegan dessert with a wonderfully smooth and creamy texture, this delicious cashew chocolate dip recipe is no-bake, no-cook, and only has seven ingredients.
Today’s recipe is a creamy Vegan Cashew Chocolate Dip that’s extremely easy to make and only has seven ingredients (including water).
Whip it up and serve this dip with fresh or dried fruits such as bananas, strawberries, orange wedges, and apple slices. Be sure to try it with cookies, pretzels, marshmallows, crispy breads, and even plain potato chips.
It can also be served as individual layered desserts with fresh fruits and whipped cream or simply served as a chocolate pudding if you like!
My husband loves chocolate pudding. When he first sampled this recipe, he thought that’s what I had made and was prepared to finish the bowl with a spoon. I don’t think he missed the milk and based on his reaction, I suspect this recipe will become a dessert staple in our house.
Share it as appetizer, snack, or dessert! I hope you enjoy this recipe!
How do you make this tasty chocolate dip recipe?
(Full ingredient amounts and instructions available in the recipe card down below)
Place cashews and dates in a medium bowl and cover with warm water. Let it soak in room temperature for one hour. Drain and rinse the cashews and dates with cold water. Pit the dates.
In a high-powered blender (I use a Vitamix), add the cashews, dates, cocoa powder, cinnamon, sea salt, vanilla extract, and water. Blend until smooth and creamy.
If the chocolate dip is too thick, add in a teaspoon of cold water at a time until you get to your desired consistency.
Serve the dip with whatever you like such as assorted fruits, cookies, and pretzels. In the picture, I served the dip with apple slices, sweet egg roll cookies, and mandarin orange slices.
Or layer with ingredients to make a parfait or eat as is with a spoon. It makes for a rich chocolate pudding! Enjoy!
Love chocolate? Check out these four sweet recipes!
- Salted Chocolate Butterscotch Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter Mocha Overnight Oats
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Smoothie
In summary, this vegan cashew chocolate dip is:
- Delicious and creamy: It has a smooth pudding-like consistency that’s sweetened naturally using dates.
- Quick and easy to make: It’s no-bake, no-cook, and requires only a high-powered blender to mix all together.
- Versatile: Serve as dip, make into a layered dessert (aka parfaits), or just enjoy as a tasty pudding.
- Scalable: Double or more this recipe to make as much as you want.
- Great to make ahead of time: Make it the day before and refrigerate to use the next day. The dip firms up slightly when kept cool in the fridge.
- Vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free too!
Did you make this easy chocolate dip recipe? Leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. Please share your recipe pictures!
- 1 cup (150 g) raw cashews
- 3 large Medjool dates
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Place cashews and dates in a medium bowl and cover with warm water. Let it soak at room temperature for one hour.
- Carefully pour out the water and rinse the cashews and dates with cold water, draining the excess water. Remove the pits (seeds) from the dates.
- Place the cashews, dates, and the rest of the ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If the mixture is too thick, add in a teaspoon of cold water at a time until you get to your desired consistency.
- Serve the dip with assorted fruits, cookies, marshmallows, plain chips, or pretzels (really whatever you like), layer with ingredients to make a parfait, or enjoy as a chocolate pudding.
- Nutritional information is based on ¼ cup servings (excluding dipping ingredients)
- Store in an airtight container for up to four days.
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I only link to products that I use and/or highly recommend. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 5g