Hey there! Today’s recipe is delicious Peanut Butter Mocha Overnight Oats!
Seriously, the combination of mocha (chocolate and coffee) oats and sweet and salty peanut butter (mixed with yogurt) is a match made in foodie heaven.
These overnight oats are also no-bake and super easy to put together too. So start your day with it for breakfast or enjoy as a snack or dessert.
What’s in these overnight oats?
Fiber-rich oats, of course, are in this yummy recipe. You can use quick oats for an extra creamy texture or old-fashioned rolled oats if you prefer oats with a chewier texture.
This recipe features a quick homemade mocha recipe using hot coffee, cocoa powder, almond milk, and is sweetened with maple syrup.
The addition of vanilla extract and sea salt is important as it ties all the flavour notes together so don’t forget to add it!
The oats are layered with a simple mixture of peanut butter and plain Greek yogurt. It’s creamy and smooth, creates a lighter peanut flavour, and adds a little protein (via the yogurt) into this recipe.
I like to finish off the overnight oats with a little bit of chocolate chips for chocolatey bite, but this is optional.
How do you make these overnight oats?
(Full ingredient amounts and instructions in the recipe card down below).
In a medium bowl, whisk together the coffee, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, and sea salt until well-incorporated.
Then stir in the almond milk and oats. Mix well and set aside.
In another bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt with peanut butter until well combined.
Evenly layer the mocha flavoured oats and peanut-yogurt mixture into three half-pint mason jars (or other resealable/airtight containers). I did two layers each (for a total of four layers).
Top with chocolate chips if you want. Seal and place in the refrigerator for at least six hours or overnight. Enjoy!
Looking for more tasty overnight oat recipes? Here are three more options!
- Vanilla Earl Grey Overnight Oats
- Banana Coconut Cream Pie Overnight Oats
- Chai-Spiced Pumpkin Overnight Oats
Overall, these Peanut Butter Mocha Overnight Oats are:
- Delicious: Creamy oats are full of mocha and peanut butter flavour.
- Quick and easy to put together: It’s no-bake and requires no fancy (e.g. electric) equipment.
- Great for breakfast, as a snack, or a dessert!
- Portable: Grab the jar (or other airtight container) of overnight oats with a spoon to take on the go.
- Scalable: The recipe can easily be scaled up to make more.
Did you make this overnight oat recipe? If you did, please leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. I’d love a picture!
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup almond milk (or milk alternative)
- 2 cups uncooked old-fashioned rolled oats (or quick oats) *see first note
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- Optional topping: semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, using a wired whisk, stir the coffee, cocoa powder, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt together.
- Then add the milk and oats into the bowl. Stir together until well-incorporated. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the peanut butter and yogurt until they are combined together.
- Carefully layer the mocha oats and peanut-butter yogurt mix into three half-pint mason jars (or airtight/resealable containers). I did two layers of each starting with the oats (for a total of four layers).
- Top with a small amount of chocolate chips if you like. Seal the jars with lids and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight. Enjoy!
- I used quick oats (aka instant oats). These oats produce a softer and creamier texture than old-fashioned rolled oats. If you prefer a chewier texture that holds together better (it’s also the usual overnight oats choice), go with old-fashioned rolled oats.
- This recipe makes three half-pint jars of overnight oats.
- Nutritional information represents one serving for a total of three servings, excluding optional chocolate chips.
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I only link to products that I use and/or highly recommend. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 311mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 7gSugar: 12gProtein: 15g
Nutritional values are estimated based on the ingredients used by the author; your ingredients may differ. These values are calculated using Nutritionix.