Maple Irish Coffee Cocktail
A simple, warm, and satisfying Irish coffee recipe featuring the delicious sweetness of maple syrup. It’s perfect for St. Patrick’s day or as an after-dinner drink any day of the year.
Hey there! With St. Patrick’s Day coming up soon, I’ve decided to share one of the simplest cocktails (but also one of the tastiest in my opinion) with you!
It’s an Irish coffee. This warm, satisfying alcoholic cocktail is super easy to make. Basically, it’s hot coffee, Irish whiskey, and sugar (usually brown sugar) all stirred together and topped with cream.
I’ve decided to switch up the sweetener and use maple syrup to add a richer, milder sweetness to this beverage.
If you know me (or have read my profile description), you’ll know that coffee is one of my loves/addictions.
My husband and I are also fans of whiskey (aka whisky). Check out these two whiskey cocktails on the blog:
I hope you like this recipe for Maple Irish Coffee!
How to make this coffee cocktail?
In a coffee mug, combine together maple syrup and coffee. Then stir in Irish whiskey (of your choice). Ingredients amounts and complete instructions in the recipe card down below.
Prepare the whipped cream.
HELPFUL TIP: How to Whip the Heavy Cream?
- Place heavy cream and vanilla extract in a cocktail shaker (or mason jar) and seal tightly with the lid. Shake vigorously until lightly whipped cream is formed (soft peaks).
- It’ll take approximately one to two minutes. This is the method I like to use (and it’s a little bit of a workout, but not too bad).
- You can tell when the whipped cream is ready when you no longer feel or hear the sloshing of liquid in the jar.
- Alternatively, you can whip the heavy cream using a handheld milk frother or wire whisk (this requires the most work).
- If you prefer, you can use ready whipped cream and skip this step altogether.
Scoop the lightly whipped cream on top of the coffee. Sprinkle the top with ground cinnamon and/or chocolate shavings if you like (not shown).
Enjoy! The picture shows this drink all stirred up with a spoon. So good!
This Irish Coffee is:
- Delicious: It’s a winning combination of flavours that’s bold and slightly sweet.
- Easy to make: Only five ingredients to make this cocktail.
- A tasty warm cocktail to serve on a chilly day or evening especially after a meal.
- A great boozy drink for serving on St. Patrick’s Day for the adults.
- Easy to put together: This recipe makes one serving, but can easily make many drinks quickly, especially if all the whipped cream is prepared ahead of time (just make and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use).
- Adaptable: Add more or less whiskey (or other ingredients) according to your personal tastes.
I hope you try this cocktail! If you do, please leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. Please share your recipe pictures!
- 6 oz. freshly brewed hot black coffee
- 1 – 1½ oz Irish whiskey (depending on your preference)
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup (depending on your preference)
- ¼ cup heavy cream (or 35% whipping cream), lightly whipped
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Shaved chocolate
- In a coffee mug, stir together the maple syrup and coffee. Pour in Irish whiskey and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place heavy cream and vanilla extract in a cocktail shaker (or mason jar) and seal tightly with the lid. Shake vigorously until lightly whipped cream is formed (soft peaks), about 1-2 minutes *(see first note).
- Scoop the whipped cream over the top of the coffee and top with ground cinnamon and/or shaved chocolate if you like. Serve with a spoon for stirring. Best enjoyed immediately.
- *You can tell when the whipped cream is ready when you no longer feel or hear the sloshing sound of liquid. Alternatively, you can whip the heavy cream using a handheld milk frother or wire whisk (this requires the most work). If you prefer, you can use ready whipped cream and skip this step.
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I only link to products that I use and/or highly recommend. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 69mg Sodium: 30mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 30g Protein: 2g