Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
Delicious, soft, two-bite peanut butter and jelly thumbprint cookies are extremely easy and fast to make. A wonderful holiday or any day cookie!
I grew up eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. When I made my own, the peanut butter and jelly ratio to bread was practically 3 to 1! I would smush the two pieces of bread together and the peanut butter and jelly would flow out the sides of the bread. To say the least, the bread was just a conduit for my love of the two ingredients combined together!
In cookie form, I get the same feeling.
The soft peanut butter cookie is salty-sweet and the addition of the fruity, sweet jam (I used homemade red currant jam that I received as a gift) is perfect in this cookie.
Did I mention you mix all the cookie ingredients in one bowl (for easy clean-up), the recipe is done in less than 30 minutes, and you get 36 cute little cookies?
Now onto the recipe.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the peanut butter cookie ingredients together (cream the butter and sugar first, then add peanut butter, followed by the egg and vanilla, and then the dry ingredients) and scoop out 1-inch balls using a tablespoon onto a baking sheet.
Make a small indentation using your thumb into each cookie. Bake for 5-6 minutes until the bottom of the cookies are slightly golden.
Once you remove the cookies from the oven, press each cookie to make a slightly larger indentation and fill each cookie with jam, jelly, or fruit preserve of your choose.
Bake for another 3-5 minutes until the cookies are golden-brown. Cool on the baking sheet before eating. Enjoy!
CHECK OUT THE RECIPE VIDEO!
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3-5 tbsp fruit jam, jelly, or fruit preserves (your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a sieve, sift into a small bowl, the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together well. Then add the peanut butter and mix thoroughly.
- Then add the egg and vanilla and whisk into the dough. Gradually add the flour mixture making sure that the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Begin to form 1-inch balls using a rounded tablespoon and place on a baking sheet. Once the balls are formed, press each ball down slightly with your thumb, leaving a small indentation in the centre of each cookie.
- Bake until the bottom of the cookies are slightly golden, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from the oven and further define the thumbprint indentation. Fill each cookie indentation with the jam, jelly, or fruit preserve of your choice. I used a generous (¼ tsp measuring spoon) amount of jam for each cookie.
- Then, bake for an additional 3-5 minutes until the cookies are golden-brown. Let cool on the baking sheet before eating.
- Store the remaining cookies in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 92mg Carbohydrates: 16g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g