Strawberry Cucumber Spinach Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
A healthy and fresh spring salad that is filling enough to be a meal or a great side dish. A homemade apple cider vinaigrette brings this flavourful salad together!
It’s officially spring! The days are longer! More sunshine! Hurray!
The weather is hopefully going to get warmer too. I live in a place where people exclaim, “don’t like the weather, just wait 15 minutes!”
It’s true. I have a mini crisis each year deciding when to take the winter tires off my car. We might get a snowstorm in May…it’s happened before.
With the extra sunshine we’ve been enjoying, I was inspired to make this colourful and healthy salad that is very easy to put together and full of delicious flavour!
If you are still in the depths of winter coldness, put this together to remind you of the warmer weather that’s soon to come! If you live in warm weather year-round, I’m jealous.
This wonderful salad is filled with fresh, nutrient-rich vegetables (spinach and cucumbers), sweet fruit (strawberries and apple), salty, creamy feta cheese (I love cheese), and crunchy walnuts (high in omega-3 fats).
The simple vinaigrette is tangy and slightly sweet, which goes beautifully with the contrasting flavours and textures of the salad.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Strawberry Cucumber Spinach Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette.
How do you make this easy strawberry spinach salad?
Prepare (rinse, slice, and chop) all the colourful salad ingredients. Ingredient amounts and full instructions listed in the recipe card below.
Place all tasty greens, fruit, cheese, and nuts in a large bowl!
Measure out the vinaigrette ingredients.
A few ingredients, which includes apple cider vinegar, olive oil, mustard, and honey, makes for a flavourful dressing that goes perfectly with this salad.
Whisk it well all together in a small bowl or shake it up in a sealed mason jar. Taste and adjust to your flavour preferences.
Pour in your desired amount of apple cider vinaigrette dressing and toss to coat. Enjoy!
Check out these quick and easy fruit and vegetable filled salad recipes!
- Apple and Pear Spinach Salad with Honey Lemon Ginger Vinaigrette
- Grilled Peach Blueberry Spinach with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Watermelon Cucumber jalapeño Salad
- Berry Orange Spinach Salad with Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette
I hope you try this strawberry spinach salad recipe! If you do, please leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. I’d love a picture!
For the salad:
- 6 packed cups baby spinach
- 1 ½ cup English cucumbers (I used the mini variety), sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 medium sweet apple, cored and chopped into cubes
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
For the vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients until well combined. Taste and adjust the dressing to your preference. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients, then drizzle the desired amount of vinaigrette on top. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- If you are planning to have leftovers, keep the salad separate from the vinaigrette and cover both in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Re-whisk the vinaigrette and drizzle just before serving.
- Nutritional information represents one serving for a total of four servings.
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I only link to products that I use and/or highly recommend. I earn a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 379mg Carbohydrates: 18g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 13g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g