Blueberry Peach Crisp with Almond Oat Topping
Delicious summer fruit with a sweet, buttery almond oat topping is baked to perfection in this easy blueberry peach crisp recipe. A few simple steps and 15 minutes is all you need to get this delectable dessert in the oven.
Hello! Today’s recipe is a simple tried and true dessert that’s easy to prepare.
It’s a delectable summertime fruit crisp showcasing fresh seasonal yellow peaches and juicy sweet blueberries. A delicious oat and brown sugar topping is combined with sliced almonds to give it a slight nutty flavour and crunchier texture.
This recipe is perfect to make with the kids or for a beginner baker.
I like to make it since it’s uses up the abundance of scrumptious fruit and it takes around 15 minutes (or less) to prepare before baking in the oven.
In fact, this fruit crisp variation is slightly adapted from a recipe I made a couple years back: Quick Cherry Blueberry Oat Crisp.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Peach Blueberry Crisp with Almond Oat Topping!
How do you make this easy dessert recipe?
(Complete ingredient amounts and instructions in the recipe card down below)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Gently toss the filling ingredients in a medium bowl. Place into a 9-inch round deep pie dish (or an equivalent square baking dish).
Combine together the topping ingredients in a separate bowl.
Spread the almond oat topping over the fruit filling.
Bake for 25-35 minutes until the topping is golden and crisp. TIP: *If your baking dish is really full, place a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil under the dish. It will catch any fruit juices that may bubble over as it bakes.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if you like. Enjoy!
Here are four more easy summer desserts to check out if you like!
- Fresh Berries with Honey Lemon Mascarpone Cream
- No-Bake Coconut Lime Mascarpone Cheesecake
- Cherry Chocolate Frozen Yogurt (No Churn)
- Classic Lemon Blueberry Loaf Cake
Overall, this peach blueberry crisp is:
- Delicious: Sweet summertime peaches and blueberries mixed together with nutty almonds and sweet oats is a winning combination! It’s tasty served warm or chilled (I like it warm).
- Full of texture: Juicy and soft fruit contrasts wonderfully with the crunchy sweet topping.
- Quick and easy to make: Just a few instructions are needed to make this simple dessert.
- Scalable: This recipe can easily be doubled to make more. You just need a larger baking dish to hold it all.
- A great after dinner dessert or even as a sweet breakfast! Top it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for an extra tasty touch.
Did you make this fruit crisp recipe? If you did, please leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. I’d love a picture!
For for Filling:
- 4 cups yellow peaches, pitted and thinly sliced (3 peaches)
- 2 cups blueberries
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ lemon, juice
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
For the Topping:
- 3/4 cup whole rolled oats (I used quick oats)
- ½ cup plain blanched sliced almonds
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup (4 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, gently toss the filling ingredients (fruit, white sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch) in a medium bowl. Pour into a 9-inch round deep pie dish (or an equivalent square baking dish).
- Combine the topping ingredients (oats, almonds, flour, brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and salt) in a separate bowl. Then evenly spread the oat mixture over the fruit filling.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until the topping is golden and crisp to the touch *(see first note). Optionally, serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- *If your baking dish is really full, place a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil under the dish. It will catch any fruit juices that may bubble over as it bakes; the clean-up is easy that way.
- This recipe uses fresh fruit, but feel free to use frozen fruit that has been thawed.
- Nutritional information represents one serving for a total of six servings and excludes optional toppings.
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I only link to products that I use and/or highly recommend. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 3mg Sodium: 111mg Carbohydrates: 60g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 37g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g