Strawberry Mint Smoothie
Looking for an even cooler twist on the classic strawberry smoothie? Add in the refreshing flavour of mint with this easy drink recipe.
Hello there! How’s the weather in your part of world?
It’s been too hot in Alberta (I’ve always been a cool weather gal anyways), so I’ve been staying hydrated with plenty of ice-cold water and tasty drinks, like cocktails and breakfast smoothies.
Note to self: start making cocktail smoothies.
Anyway, this recipe is a delicious and quick five-minute smoothie that uses a handful of ingredients.
It’s perfect to cool down on those sunny days and nights or to enjoy year-round as a healthy and fast breakfast or snack.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Strawberry Mint Smoothie!
What’s in this smoothie?
- Strawberries (fresh or frozen): These berries are deliciously sweet, juicy, and have a slightly tart flavour.
- Plus, they are an excellent source of vitamin C.
- Bananas (fresh or frozen): This fruit adds more natural sweetness and creaminess to the smoothie. Bananas are rich with potassium, fibre, and vitamin C too.
- TIP: Use a ripe (brown spotted) banana. Not only is it sweeter (since starches breakdown into sugar as it ripens), there is more antioxidants than an unripe (green) banana.
- TIP TWO: Using frozen fruit will produce a thicker smoothie than fresh fruit. If using fresh fruit, start with less milk or use more ice to thicken.
- Fresh Mint: This herb is full of fresh, bright, and cooling flavour.
- I used fresh spearmint, which is generally the most common variety available at grocery store. Spearmint has green, spear-shaped leaves and a sweet mint flavour.
- Alternatively, there are peppermint leaves, which are darker green and have a stronger flavour.’
- Regarding of the type of mint you use; be aware of level of mint you add to the smoothie as too much mint may overpower the rest of the ingredients.
- Unsweetened almond milk: This dairy-free milk has a creamy texture and slightly nutty flavour that I enjoy, but feel free to use the type of milk you like the most.
- Pure Honey: The rich sweetness of honey compliments the fruity flavours in this smoothie. It’s also an optional ingredient depending on how sweet you like your drink.
- Ice: Only necessary if you are using both fresh strawberries and bananas and would like a thicker smoothie texture.
Looking for more fruit smoothie recipes? Check out these four tasty drinks!
- Lemon Pineapple Smoothie
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- Cucumber Mint Pineapple Smoothie
- Blueberry Lime Yogurt Smoothie
Overall, this smoothie recipe is:
- Delicious and sweet
- Refreshing and cooling
- Full of nutritious ingredients
- Easy and quick to make
- Great to make for a quick breakfast or snack
- Vegetarian and gluten-free too
I hope you try this smoothie recipe! If you do, please leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. Please share a picture!
- 2 heaping cups strawberries (fresh or frozen) *(see first note)
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled (fresh or frozen)
- 8-12 fresh mint leaves (and stems), depending on leaf size and preferred mintiness **(see second note)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tbsp pure honey (or sweetener of your choice, optional)
- 4-6 ice cubes, if using fresh fruit
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Once blended, taste and adjust according to preferences such as adding more honey or fruit for additional sweetness or more milk to thin out the smoothie.
- Best served immediately.
- *Using frozen fruit will produce a thicker smoothie than using fresh fruit. If using fresh fruit, start with less milk or use more ice to thicken.
- **I used fresh spearmint (most common variety at most grocery stores), which have green, spear-shaped leaves and a sweet mint flavour. Alternatively, there are peppermint leaves, which are darker green and have a stronger flavour.
- Nutritional information represents one serving for a total of two servings.
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I only link to products that I use and/or highly recommend. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 12gSugar: 34gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are estimated based on the ingredients used by the author; your ingredients may differ. These values are calculated using Nutritionix.