Six-Ingredient Cinnamon Sugar Candied Nuts
Sweet brown sugar and warm cinnamon is combined together to make delicious and crunchy candied nuts. A wonderful snack for sharing during the holidays.
Today’s recipe is Six-Ingredient Cinnamon Sugar Candied Nuts. It’s a tasty, sweet, spiced, and slightly salty snack that’s crunchy and just a little sticky to the touch. They are really addictive!
So addictive, in fact, that my husband tried to eat a second batch straight out of the oven. I’m not sure he learned his lesson about waiting for things to cool down.
In addition, these nuts take very little time to prepare and are easily scaled up (or down) to make as much as you desire.
They’re a delightful treat to take as a quick snack to work, on a road trip, or on a quick hike.
These candied mixed nuts also make a fantastic edible gift that’s perfect to give to family and friends for the holidays!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
How do you make this candied nut recipe?
(Full ingredient amounts and instructions available in the recipe card down below)
Whisk together the egg whites and vanilla extract until frothy (top-left photo).
Fold in the mixed nuts so that they are well-coated with the egg white mixture (second photo).
In another bowl, combine together the brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and ground ginger (not shown). Add it to the bowl of mixed nuts and fold together until evenly mixed (third photo).
Place the nuts onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread into a single layer (a little overlap is fine) (top-left photo).
Bake at 300 degrees for 25-30 minutes, flipping and stirring halfway through, until the nuts are golden and shiny (top-right photo). Let it cool on the baking sheet before eating.
Looking for more yummy snack recipes that are perfect for the winter holidays? Here are four more!
- Maple Chili Nuts and Chex Mix
- 4-Ingredient Candy Cane Pretzels
- Peppermint Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
- Classic Chewy Gingersnap (Ginger Molasses) Cookies
In all, this Cinnamon Sugar Candied Nuts recipe is:
- Delicious: These nuts are sweet, cinnamon-y, and slightly salty with each bite.
- Crunchy and satisfying: You’ll find yourself eating it by the handfuls.
- Quick and easy to make: Most of the time is spent waiting for the mixed nuts to roast in the oven.
- Adaptable: Switch out the mixed nuts with one or fewer nuts. For example, just use peanuts for a more affordable option.
- Scalable: Double or more this recipe to make as much as you want. You’ll need a few more baking sheets!
- A great snack to take on the go: It’s small and easy to pack up in a container to take with you.
- A fun holiday edible gift to give to others: Place it in a holiday tin or into a sturdy plastic bag and wrap it up with a ribbon. It’s great as a stocking stuffer!
Did you make this easy snack recipe? Leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. Please share your recipe pictures!
- 3 heaping cups salted mixed nuts *(see first note)
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ cup (packed) brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a wired whisk, whisk together the egg whites and vanilla extract until frothy and doubled in size. Then, using a plastic spatula, fold in the mixed nuts so that they are well-coated.
- In another bowl, combine together the brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and ground ginger before adding to the bowl of mixed nuts. Fold together so that the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixed nuts onto the baking sheet and spread into a single layer (slight overlap is okay). Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping and stirring halfway through, until the nuts are golden and shiny.
- Let it cool completely before removing from the baking sheet. Enjoy!
- *Use a variety of nuts of your choice. I used a mix of cashews, almonds, Brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, and pecans. I used the Kirkland brand (whole mixed nuts).
- Nutritional information is based on 1/2 cup servings.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I only link to products that I use and/or highly recommend. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 21.7gFiber: 4.2gSugar: 11.3gProtein: 11.2g