Mixed Berry Prosecco Wine Slushies
A refreshing blend of berries and Prosecco. This wine slushie drink recipe takes only 5 minutes to prepare and will help keep you cool on a hot day!
One of our local meteorologists here in Alberta stated that “Spring is here… and it’s here to stay!” Okay, I’m a little skeptical, but also hopeful. This winter has seen record snowfall and a couple what I’ll describe as “weekly faux spring-like weather events” before more intense snowfall and freezing temperatures.
That being said, the sun is shining, I swear I can see green grass, the spring birds are back, and the temperature is finally going to hit double digits! (in Celsius… so like 50 degrees Fahrenheit for my Americian readers). I. Am. So. Excited.
So let’s celebrate! Not only the warmer weather, but the weekend! You’ve made it! You need to try this super easy and refreshing cocktail: Mixed Berries Prosecco Wine Slushies.
What is a slushy?
A slushy (also spelled slushie) or a slush is a frozen beverage that can be carbonated or non-carbonated. It can be non-alcoholic like a “slurpee” from that well-known convenience store chain, which is made from freezing different flavours of sodas or made alcoholic by using wines or other boozy beverages. Depending how thick you make the slushy, you can drink it through a straw or scoop it up with a spoon to enjoy.
How to make a wine slushy?
All you have to do is get a blender, fill it up with frozen fruit (I used a blend of blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries), some wine (I love Prosecco),lime juice, ice cubes, plus some fresh mint and sweetener such as honey if you like, blend until it is nice and smooth, and then serve this tasty cocktail in a glass with a straw!
Prosecco is a wine made in the Veneto region of Italy with Prosecco (aka Glera) grapes. It is typically a sparkling wine, but they also sell versions that are semi-sparkling and still. I like the bubbly myself.
Overall, it’s said to have fruit and flower flavours and aroma, including notes of citrus, green apples, honey, and white flowers. So fancy-sounding.I like it because it’s affordable, light, refreshing, and crisp.
That being said, you can pretty much use the wine of your choice to make a slushy, but Prosecco is just so good on it’s own too. You’ll have wine to spare after making this recipe so why not pour a glass of Prosecco along with your slushy…
This tasty wine slushy recipe is:
- Quick and easy to prepare:This recipe only has four main ingredients and a couple of optional ingredients (that’s will add that extra pizzazz to your drink if you want). This is a no-fuss recipe – just blend it all up and serve!
- So refreshing:This cocktail is so satisfying and will cool you down in hot weather.
- Light tasting and not too sweet:it’s a great drink to serve alongside heavier foods.
- Full of berries: It’s full of delicious sweet and tart flavours from the berry blend.
- Freshened with mint: This is optional, but adding mint gives the beverage a greater cooling effect and it really compliments the fruit.
- Sweetened with honey:it has that distinctive sweet and delicious flavour that goes so well with berries.
- Makes six cups: Perfect for a small crowd. You can easily scale up or down the recipe if you want.
- Optionally made without alcohol: Replace the processo with non-alcoholic wine or a sparkling soda instead.
I hope you try this recipe! If you do, please leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. I’ll love a picture!
- 4 cups frozen mixed berries (I used a blueberry, raspberry, blackberry mix)
- 2 cups prosecco wine, chilled
- 1 lime, juice
- 5-6 ice cubes
- 5 fresh mint leaves or to taste (optional)
- honey, to taste (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Once blended, taste and adjust according to preferences such as adding more wine or water to thin out the drink or more berries or ice to thicken it.
- Best served immediately.
- Nutritional calories represent one serving with six servings total excluding optional ingredients.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 12mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 14g Protein: 2g