It’s hard to believe that in just a few days, we will be saying “goodbye” to 2017 and “hello” to 2018. With that said, for me, it feels like 2017 went by so fast, but at the same time it feels as if so much happened.
With that said, I hope your happy moments far outweighed your not-so-happy moments.
Every experience shapes the way you are today – a little older, a little wiser, and, I hope, a little more determined than ever to succeed in your endeavours, whatever they may be.
For “Yay! For Food,” this blog has been a labour of love. This year, this little blog has celebrated its first full year in existence.
I’ve experienced highs (so many readers have tried and loved my recipes), lows (blogger burnout and doubt (aka can I even cook?)), and everything in between.
One constant has been my ambition for growing the blog; I can’t wait to share more recipes in the coming year!
To close out this year, I’m sharing a simple and easy drink: Sparkling Maple Orange Vodka Spritzer! Cheers everyone!
This tasty orange vodka cocktail is:
- Quick and easy to prepare: This is a no-fuss recipe that’s just pour and stir.
- So refreshing: This drink goes down easy.
- Taste light and not too sweet: It’s a great drink to serve alongside heavier foods.
- Citrusy with the bright fruit flavours of orange and lime.
- Sweetened with pure maple syrup: It has that distinctive sweet and delicious flavour.
- Garnished with fresh rosemary: Use rosemary sprigs to stir the drink with. As you sip the drink, the aromatic piney scent of rosemary goes so well with the citrus flavour of the beverage.
- A recipe for one: A quick cocktail to treat yourself, but you can easily scale up the recipe if you want.
- Easy to make it non-alcoholic: Just leave out the vodka and it’s a lovely drink for those that don’t drink alcohol.
Here’s to an amazing new year! See you in 2018!
- 3 oz. orange juice, chilled
- 2 oz. carbonated (sparkling) water, chilled
- 1 oz. vodka
- ¼ oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- rosemary sprig
- lime wedge
- In a glass, pour in vodka, lime juice, and maple syrup. Then top with orange juice and finish with carbonated water and ice. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and rosemary spring. Serve immediately.
- This recipe can be scaled up.
- For a sweeter option, substitute the sparkling water and maple syrup with lemon-lime soda or ginger beer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g