Peanut Butter and Chocolate are a match made in sweet treat heaven! It’s hard to resist the richness of sweet chocolate and the salty, nutty flavour of peanut butter together.
I wasn’t sure if I was going to post this recipe, but my husband insisted that I should share and then make more the next week because he enjoyed them that much.
These bars are prepared similar to my recipes for Chocolate Marshmallow Puffed Wheat Squares and Peanut Butter Butterscotch Marshmallow Bars. Now, looking at all these recipes together, it is not a coincidence that those are some of Scott’s favourite desserts/snacks too.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Bars!
How do you make this no-bake dessert?
(Ingredients amounts and full instructions listed in the recipe card below).
All the ingredients in this seriously easy-to-make dessert! Chocolate chips, rice cereal (aka rice krispies), peanut butter, roasted peanuts, and (optional) ground cinnamon.
In the pan, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and optional cinnamon together and then stir in the rice cereal and peanuts.
Line the baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil before pouring the mixture into the pan and freezing.
After freezing and letting it thaw slightly (it will be easier to cut), remove the whole piece from the baking pan and slice into bars. Then, they are ready to be enjoyed!
These No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Bars are:
Delicious: Peanut butter and chocolate is one of the best dessert combinations of all-time!
- Plus the salt from the roasted peanuts and pinch of cinnamon (if you choose to add) heighten the chocolate flavours, which makes these sweet treats rich in flavour and quite addicting to eat.
Crunchy, crispy, and creamy: The chocolate and peanut butter melts in your mouth, while the peanuts and rice cereal give these bars that satisfying crunch.
Quick and easy to prepare: A few ingredients are mixed into one pan on the stovetop, then poured into a baking pan to set in the freezer. I love how simple this method is.
- Also, you don’t have to be exactly precise with your measurements (but still use measuring cups, please.) – a little less or extra chocolate chips or peanut butter will be fine.
Adaptable: Substitute the peanuts with different nuts or dried fruits or a combination of any these ingredients.
- Instead of using rice cereal, you can use puffed wheat, puffed quinoa, or other crunchy cereal in its place.
Shareable and portable: Cut these bars into as many pieces as you want.
- I like to cut them into 32 smaller bars so that they are 2-3 bite pieces and more people get to enjoy them.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you do make them, please rate and comment below or send me a quick message or picture on any of my social media.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup salted roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- In a large skillet (or saucepan) on medium-high heat, add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and (optional) ground cinnamon. Whisk frequently until the mixture is completely melted and uniform in texture.
- Remove from heat and stir in the rice cereal and chopped peanuts until the mixture is well combined.
- Line a 8-inch square pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Let it cool slightly (warm to the touch on the bottom of the pan) before freezing for 45 minutes or until completely set.
- Remove from the freezer and let it thaw for 10 minutes before removing from pan and slicing it into as many pieces as you want. Enjoy!
- Store the crunch bars in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Switch out the peanuts with different nuts or dried fruit.
- Substitute rice cereal with puffed wheat, puffed quinoa, or other crispy cereal.
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I only link to products that I use and/or highly recommend. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g