Roasted Lemon Garlic Mushrooms
Loaded with bright, earthy flavours. Roasting makes all the difference for these lemon garlic mushrooms in this super simple side dish recipe.
Today’s recipe is a super easy side dish that’s perfect to serve alongside your holiday (or everyday) meals.
This mushroom dish uses less than ten ingredients and takes very little time to prepare, but the outcome is full of delightful flavors that are savory, citrusy, and bright.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Roasted Lemon Garlic Mushrooms!
What’s in this tasty side dish?
- Cremini mushrooms, which are also sometimes spelled crimini or called baby bella mushrooms.
- They are meaty in texture and savory in flavor. They are like white button mushrooms, but have richer and earthier notes.
- Garlic cloves and fresh rosemary: Both have a pungent and distinctive sharp flavor.
- These two ingredients compliment the mushrooms so well.
- Garlic will mellow and sweeten in flavor as it cooks.
- Rosemary has a piney aroma and earthy notes.
- Fresh lemon juice and zest: Adds the satisfying acidity to brighten the dish.
- Extra virgin olive oil: It binds the ingredients together, encourages extra browning, and roasty flavors.
- Salt and pepper: I like to use sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper. They enhance all the other ingredients.
How do you make this mushroom recipe?
(Full ingredient amounts and instructions available in the recipe card down below)
Combine together the mushrooms, garlic, olive oil, rosemary, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- For the rosemary: Pinch the woody stem with your fingers and slide down the stem to remove the needle-like leaves before mincing with a sharp knife.
- For the lemon juice and zest: Always roll the lemon against a flat surface before slicing the lemon in half to juice. Then zest the yellow skin.
Spread the mushrooms onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper in a single layer.
Roast for 20-25 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender. Best served right away. Enjoy!
Here are four more quick and easy side dish recipes!
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic-Maple Glaze
- Four-Ingredient Prosciutto Wrapped Green Beans
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Roasted Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
In all, these roasted lemon garlic mushrooms are:
- Delicious: These mushrooms are savory and flavorful from the herby rosemary, pungent garlic, and bright lemon.
- Simple to make: Just a handful of ingredients and a few steps to make this easy side dish.
- Scalable: This recipe is easy to double or more to make as much as you want. You might need another baking sheet to fit it all.
- Vegan and gluten-free too.
Did you make this easy mushroom recipe? Leave me a rating and comment down below or tag me on any of my social media. I’m @yay_for_food on Instagram. Please share your recipe pictures!
- 1 lb. cremini mushrooms (aka baby bellas), cleaned and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- ½ lemon, juice
- ½ lemon, zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine together the mushrooms, garlic, olive oil, rosemary, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Spread the mushrooms onto the baking sheet in a single layer (a little overlap is okay).
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender. Taste for additional salt and pepper. Best served immediately.
Nutritional calories represent one serving for a total of four servings.
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I only link to products that I use and/or highly recommend. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g