Fresh Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
Easy, fast, and delicious. This recipe uses store-bought rotisserie chicken and plenty of cilantro and lime. Great for weekday meals!
Combine the chicken, cilantro, lime, and spices in a bowl. Let it marinade for at least 15 minutes.
Prepare the topping spread of your choice such as cheese, tomatoes, spinach, and onions. Warm up the tortillas and chicken.
Build you tacos and enjoy!
- 6 soft tortilla shells
For the Chicken:
- 10 oz (about 2 cups packed) of shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 cup cilantro (lightly packed), remove stems and coarsely chop
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Toppings (your choice)
- Sour Cream
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, olive oil, lime, cilantro, and spices, and gently mix together making sure that the chicken is covered. Cover with plastic food wrap and let it marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can prepare your toppings by either slicing or dicing the ingredients to your liking.
- When you are ready to eat, wrap up the tortillas in aluminum foil and place in the oven under the warm setting or low heat for 2-3 minutes. Heat up chicken in a pan with a little bit of olive oil or in the microwave, if desired.
- Assemble your tacos to your preference and enjoy!
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I only link to products that I use and/or highly recommend. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 513mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 19g
Nutritional values are estimated based on the ingredients used by the author; your ingredients may differ. These values are calculated using Nutritionix.