Berry Orange Spinach Salad with Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette
A fresh summer spinach salad that’s delicious and healthy! Dress this salad with a homemade citrus balsamic vinaigrette!
They say you eat with your eyes first and this berry orange salad sure is colourful and full of healthy goodness!
This salad is delicious, flavourful, and so easy and fast to put together! Leafy spinach, juicy mandarin oranges, sweet and tart raspberries and blackberries, creamy feta cheese, and crunchy walnuts are tossed together with a simple 4-ingredient vinaigrette that’s sweet and tangy.
It’s simply a great spring or summer salad that’s perfect as a meal for two or as a side dish for four.
All the ingredients in a large bowl! Amounts in the “Ingredients” list below!
Toss the salad all together.
Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.Drizzle as much vinaigrette as you want on the salad and toss to coat. Enjoy!
For the salad:
- 6 packed cups baby spinach
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and sectioned
- ¾ cup (3 oz) raspberries
- ½ cup (3 oz) blackberries
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup walnuts
For the vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh (mandarin) orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients until well combined. Taste and adjust the dressing to your preference. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients, then drizzle the desired amount of vinaigrette on top. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- If you are planning to have leftovers, keep the salad separate from the vinaigrette and cover both in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Re-whisk the vinaigrette and drizzle just before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 184mg Carbohydrates: 20g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 17g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g